READY NOW: an smp307 lodge app
Why does our lodge need an app?
Technology is constantly changing the ways that we communicate and interact with one another. With so many distractions and demands for our time, an app is a great way to stay connected to the lodge. An app will do the following:
• Allow brothers to interact more often outside of the lodge.
• Allow brothers who don't attend lodge regularly to stay involved and connected.
• Use existing technology (i.e. the Smart Phone) in order to practice Freemasonry.
• Create more open lines of communications between the Master and the lodge, as well as between members.
(NOTE: It is best to open this link from your SmartPhone, which will direct you to create an App)
What are some of the features and benefits?
Some of the features and benefits of the app will include:
• Post and comment on messages and pictures in a Facebook-like news feed.
• View calendar information for your lodge; all data is pulled in directly from calendar applications on your website or in Outlook; dates are automatically synced.
• Send notifications of events directly to members’ smartphones.
• RSVP to events straight from your smartphone.
• Browse member contact information; email and call other members with ease.
• Create smaller groups on specific topics, or send a private message a single person.
• Link to your lodge website, Trestleboard, or other important documents from the app.
• All activity is private to the members of the app only; message and post to only members on the app.
• Administrators can see reports on what is popular in your app.
Management of the app
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the administrator HERE.
The App administrator is responsible for setting up the app, approving members, reviewing reports, RSVPs, etc. The lodge will also need members of a committee who are willing to take the lead in posting content and engaging other members. Management of the app includes tasks such as:
• Approving all members within the app
• Ensuring calendar and Trestleboard links are up to date
• Review RSVPs to events
• Review monthly usage reports, RSVP reports, etc.
The SMP307 App is a step towards the future for our lodge. It is easy to use and intuitive. The power of communication is more important than ever before, both in Freemasonry and all facets of our life.
With that said, the effectiveness of the App rests with the users. It will only be as good as the community that we build with it. That is why I encourage all members to sign up and give it a try. It is free of charge, it is fun, and is a great tool for communicating and staying connected. Let's all take part in moving Masonry into the next generation.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact Greg Cherry here.